- 1. Within AtlasRains, how do I find addresses if I don't know the whole postcode?
- 2. Why do I get nothing back from an address lookup?
- 3. What are the Settings|Preferences|Coder Return PAF House/District options for?
- 4. Why does the Database Viewer show only a single database field when my file has many?
- 5. How do I write collected data to a file?
- 6. What is SendKeys?
- 7. What do I need to do in the 'Data to Generate' window?
- 8. What do I need to do in the 'Output Mappings' window?
- 9. How do I get a particular format of address label output?
- 10. Why is an address I know to exist missing from the PAF?
- 11. Why am I not able to retrieve the resident's name from an address search?
- 12. Why am I am not getting a desired field generated and output from my Data To Generate?
- 13. Why do I get what appear to be Welsh duplicated addresses in match listings?
- 14. What if I don't know what a particular output/generated field means?
- 15. Further Details
1. Within AtlasRains, how do I find addresses if I don't know the whole postcode?
AtlasRains supports the use of partial postcode lookups. Partial postcodes must be appended by a wildcard character (*) to denote missing characters. Beware though; wildcards are taken literally, so if you enter 'M1*' as the postcode, you will get matches for M14 and M15 areas, for example, as well as those for the M1 area.
2. Why do I get nothing back from an address lookup?
Check the input parameters for typing errors. These could be in any of the available fields within AtlasRains which may be adversely affecting the search for an address. Check for things like o (letter oh) instead of 0 (zero) in the cited postcode. It could be that the address doesn't exist according to the PAF dataset being used. Try the 'Free Address Search' facility on our homepage, or try the Royal Mail equivalent to see if these yield any results.
3. What are the Settings|Preferences|Coder Return PAF House/District options for?
You may have some customers who include 'vanity' elements in their address. These are elements that, although they do not appear on the associated PAF record, can be retained by the software. Setting these 'On' will output only what is on the PAF and drop all vanity data. Setting these 'Off' will carry, for example, 'Holly Cottage' (where this isn't cited on that PAF record) through to the address label you output.
4. Why does the Database Viewer show only a single database field when my file has many?
This implies that you have either selected the wrong type of input file, or that you have selected the Delimited Text File type, and not set the field delimiter correctly.
5. How do I write collected data to a file?
Ensure that the menu item Settings|Use Sendkeys is deselected, detail your output file location/name and output mappings (what you want to output and in what order). Each time you lookup an address and click the Write button, the address captured will be written to the output file as defined.
6. What is SendKeys?
AtlasRains offers a SendKeys facility which, when set up effectively, sends data to a target application at run time in the desired manner. The target application would typically be a client/prospect enquiry form which invokes the AtlasRains application when it is time to capture address information within a process. Ensure the menu item Settings|Use SendKeys is selected, and set up exactly how you want each individual data element to be sent to your target window (after opening that window) using the Settings|SendKeys Setup menu command.
7. What do I need to do in the 'Data to Generate' window?
This is where you select the output/generated fields you are looking to include in your output. For example, if you are looking to include an address label (the dimensions of which are specified in the Preferences), you would select the Address Label item by single-clicking, then click Add. You would then get the Address Label items as defined added to the selected window on the right.
8. What do I need to do in the 'Output Mappings' window?
It is here where you must specify what you want to see in your output file, and in what order. Fields from the left hand side of the Output Mappings window are added as required. Selected fields can then be reordered if necessary through the arrows to the side of this window.
9. How do I get a particular format of address label output?
Output label settings can be manipulated through the Settings|Preferences|Label parameters. For example, if you want to fix a company name to output address line 1, and have the town, county, and postcode in the last three lines respectively within a 7 line output address label, you would select the Fixed PAF Organisation option, set the Output Lines value to be 7, and set the Label Format item to Fixed Town.
10. Why is an address I know to exist missing from the PAF?
We receive PAF data monthly, despatching this quarterly to the majority of our client base. Please check that you are utilising the current/last release made to you and update if necessary. It may be that the missing address is a recent addition to the PAF. It could also be that this is a 'new build' that doesn't yet feature on the raw PAF we receive. All such enquiries should be directed to the Royal Mail Address Management Centre email@example.com.
11. Why am I not able to retrieve the resident's name from an address search?
If the software omits the resident's name, it could be because the Name List (vroll) file hasn't been purchased (this is an optional extra - please ask your Hopewiser account manager) or that the NameList file path wasn't correctly specified within the Settings|Preferences|File Paths window.
12. Why am I am not getting a desired field generated and output from my Data To Generate?
It could be that the desired field is dependent on other criteria not being met. For example, if you do not achieve an address match (PCStatus is not 00) for a record, you will not have an output DPS, but you will have an output AddressKey.
13. Why do I get what appear to be Welsh duplicated addresses in match listings?
We receive a UK PAF and a Welsh variant. There is an overlap where Welsh addresses have one or more address elements stated in the Welsh language. The software provides the user with the option to choose either variant. Where Welsh and UK PAF records are identical, there will be no duplication of addresses.
14. What if I don't know what a particular output/generated field means?
Output field names and their use and possible outputs are detailed in the appendices of the software's accompanying documentation. The documentation can be retrieved from the Help|Contents menu option.
15. Further Details
For further details on AtlasRains and how to best utilise the software, please refer to the PDF documentation within the application installation directory. If you have any questions not covered by these documents, please contact Hopewiser technical support department on 0161 924 2801.